The chart grid below of YM, ES, NQ & TF shows a Daily timeframe with several white horizontal price levels and a Fibonacci Arc. Whether the nearest levels hold as support (as in the case of YM) or resistance (for ES, NQ & TF) remains to be seen and could play a pivotal role in the next few days. All 4 have put in a higher swing low after today's close on this timeframe, and, having put in a higher swing high last Monday, they are, technically, still in daily uptrend. I would conclude, therefore, that near-term daily support is last Thursday's pivot low and major near-term resistance is last Monday's pivot high...however, in the case of ES, NQ & TF, they first need to break and hold above their minor resistance levels of 1343, 2403, and 858.10, respectively. If the pivot low is breached, then the daily uptrend would need to be re-established.
The chart grid below shows a closer look at intraday support and resistance levels as defined on a regression channel which is overlayed on a 60 min timeframe beginning from the swing low made prior to last Thursday's and is still moving upward. The broken pink line is the "mean", with standard deviations of + & -1 and + & -2 shown. Also shown is a Fibonacci Retracement. It can be seen from these 2 studies that, on this 60 min timeframe from April 18/11, the NQ is the strongest in terms of where it currently lies on its Fib retracement and regression levels, with the YM, ES then TF following. However, the NQ has been the least volatile in terms of price movement during this period. We'll have to see if price can move away from the present compressed levels on all the e-minis (and the NQ, in particular) and continue upward, or whether a change in the daily trend is forming.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Aug. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Fri. Aug. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Aug. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance