UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, May 09, 2011
YM, ES, NQ & TF Still in Daily Uptrend...
The chart grid below shows a closer look at intraday support and resistance levels as defined on a regression channel which is overlayed on a 60 min timeframe beginning from the swing low made prior to last Thursday's and is still moving upward. The broken pink line is the "mean", with standard deviations of + & -1 and + & -2 shown. Also shown is a Fibonacci Retracement. It can be seen from these 2 studies that, on this 60 min timeframe from April 18/11, the NQ is the strongest in terms of where it currently lies on its Fib retracement and regression levels, with the YM, ES then TF following. However, the NQ has been the least volatile in terms of price movement during this period. We'll have to see if price can move away from the present compressed levels on all the e-minis (and the NQ, in particular) and continue upward, or whether a change in the daily trend is forming.