Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 28 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. July 30 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core PCE Price Index Data
* Fri. Aug. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Thurs. Aug. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Tues. Aug. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Aug. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Sept. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
A Brief Comment Tonight on the TF...
The April-June 2nd Quarter Pivot Point for the TF is 817.50...this level was tested repeatedly overnight and today. This level may prove to be pivotal in either a reversal or a continuation of recent weakness. This level held when tested several times in mid-April...today's low pierced below the lowest low that was set during that time period and has now created a lower low on the Daily timeframe...however, today's candle closed at 821.30 (and above the 2nd Quarter PP). It will be interesting to see whether the TF can hold above this PP and then make it back above the Daily 50sma (currently at 828.20). I'll be watching price relative to volumes and momentum on an intraday basis in relation to these two levels as well as to today's close.