After putting my post below to bed for a couple of days, I decided to have a closer look at potential upside and downside targets for TF (simply because that is what I daytrade).
That post mentioned high-basing on the Daily chart and a sideways-trending channel on the 4-hour chart with respect to YM, ES, NQ & TF. Should the TF break out of this sideways channel either to the downside or to the upside, Fibonacci confluence levels (in both directions) are shown on the following two 4-hourly charts.
The downside confluence level of 800ish lines up with the POC of the Volume Profile for the month of February and just above the 786.00 POC of the Volume Profile for the past 180 days.
The upside confluence level lies around 900ish. Last month's Volume Profile POC is sitting around 850ish and recent intraday action has failed to hold above this level so far. However, March's Volume Profile POC is sitting around 825 and has held as support so far. This would suggest that short-term resistance is at 850ish and support is at 825ish.
Purely from a statistical point of view, since price closed at 832.50 last Friday, a target of 900 would yield the most profit from that point vs one of 800. I'll see which target is preferred over the days to come. As a daytrader, I'll be watching to see how volumes and daily/hourly volume profiles build on lower timeframes and how price and momentum react around those levels for further clues.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Oct. 8 ~ Canadian markets closed for Thanksgiving Day Holiday
* Thurs. Oct. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Oct. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Nov. 6 ~ U.S. Midterm Elections
* Thurs. Nov. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Thurs. Nov. 22 ~ U.S. markets closed for Thanksgiving Day Holiday & NYSE closes early @ 1:00 pm on Fri. Nov. 23
* Wed. Dec. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. & Wed. Dec. 25 & 26 ~ Canadian markets closed for Christmas & Boxing Day Holidays
* Tues. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. markets closed for Christmas Day Holiday & close early @ 1:00 pm on Mon. Dec. 24
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance