Foreign interest in U.S. securities has been sparse and sporadic since mid-2011, as shown on the graph below. Data released today shows another monthly drop in foreign purchase of U.S. securities.
Inasmuch as "demand for domestic securities and currency demand are directly linked because foreigners must buy the domestic currency to purchase the nation's securities," one has to wonder how much longer the U.S. economy can continue to "recover" and at what pace without increased foreign interest...particularly as the SPX faces this potential scenario.
Meanwhile, the U.S. $ has dropped a bit today and is trading around a confluence of 60% Golden Fibonacci ratios, as shown on the Weekly chart below...one to watch for either a resumption of strength, or for further weakness...major support lies at 82.00.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events