This Daily ratio chart of the Russian Index vs. the European STOXX 50 Index shows that Russia has been much weaker and is sitting on major support. A break and hold below that level could indicate more disruption ahead for both of those nations.
Price has closed just below major support on the following Daily chart of the Russian Index vs. the SPX. I'll be watching for a continuation of weakness in Russia below what is now a major resistance level, particularly if we see another bearish "Death Cross" develop.
In the meantime, the following Daily ratio chart of the Russian Index vs. China's Shanghai Index shows that price has now dropped below major support as Russia continues to underperform China. A hold below that level, as well as the formation of a bearish "Death Cross," would signal further weakness is in store for Russia.
China's Shanghai Index has been outperforming the SPX recently, however, as both the 50 and 200 smas have converged at a major support level just below Friday's close, as shown on the following Daily ratio chart. A drop and hold below that level could signal much further weakness ahead for the SPX, particularly on the formation of a confirming bearish "Death Cross."
On the metals side of things, I'm watching to see if price drops below major support and for a bearish "Death Cross" to form on the following Weekly chart of Dr. Copper.
In the meantime, we'll see if price bounces at this major support level to reverse a recent bearish "Death Cross" on the Weekly timeframe of the following chart of Platinum. There have been increased interest and volumes in 2013 and at this level.
Further weakening of these two metals below their major support levels may finally have a negative influence on equities...ones worth watching.
The Commodities ETF (DBC) has fallen below major support on increased volumes, while the AUD/USD forex pair has rallied to a major resistance level, as shown on the Weekly charts below.
No doubt, North/South American traders will be watching for overnight reaction to the developing situation in Cyprus in the Asian, Russian, and European markets, as well as the currency and commodity markets (also see my last post on Brent and WTIC). We'll see if the VIX pops or drops (as it sits just below major resistance) when the SPX begins trading on Monday.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 5, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 7 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. July 12 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.