UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Toronto's TSX Index, Commodities, and AUD/USD
Inasmuch as the TSX Index is weighted in favour of commodities, I'm also discussing the two Daily charts below of the Commodities ETF (DBC) and the AUD/USD forex pair, which show their continued decline below major support. Price is trading close to December 2011 lows, and the MACD and Stochastics indicators are still trending down.
I'll be monitoring these to see what happens upon a "Death Cross" formation, which appears imminent. For now, the trend is still down on all three instruments. I expect that any further decline in commodities will drag U.S. equities down, as well.