UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Banks Hedging or Not Hedging is Not the Root Problem
The issue really is that banks will always take risks if they know they will always be bailed out...simple as that...and that's where the buck stops...with the regulators and the banks (not the taxpayers). They should do the right thing and accept responsibility for their decisions so that bank depositors can make safe, sound, and informed decisions...that's their right. Information that every depositor has a right to know is whether that bank engages in proprietary trading. They can then choose to bank with another institution that does not, if that better suits their needs and addresses their concerns.