My post of July 21 refers: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/07/ym-es-nq-tfimportant-levels-to-secure.html
Here is an updated shot of that chartgrid of the YM, ES, NQ & TF...each candle represents 3 days...the last candle closed today.
As I mentioned in my prior post, the white horizontal lines were important levels to be secured by the bulls if they were to make a convincing argument against price returning to the red horizontal line and forming a possible right shoulder of a rather large H&S formation (thus forming a neckline at the red line) (or to the bottom of the upward sloping channel in the case of the YM). Such a H&S formation is sloppy, however, on the NQ & TF inasmuch as price has already closed above this white line and the ES has pierced it. However, the ES had not yet closed above this line on this timeframe and that was what the levels in my earlier post on June 27 were based on...I had concluded that the ES, therefore, had the highest potential of returning to the neckline and that if that were to occur, the others would, no doubt, follow.
Since July 21, price did not attempt a bullish breakout on the YM, ES & TF and, instead, fell sharply from those levels. The YM and TF came close to their "necklines," while the ES bounced before reaching its "neckline," and the NQ only reversed on this last candle after closing just beneath its April high on the prior candle.
The important support levels to watch on this timeframe remain:
YM = 12000
ES = 1265.75
TF = 778.10
NQ = 2302
A break (with conviction), close, and hold below these levels would be fodder for the bears. We'll see what domestic and international shenanigans next week brings, and whether or not a "3-Black-Crows" candle pattern emerges on the YM, ES & TF on this timeframe by next Wednesday's close.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Apr. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Apr. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Thurs. Apr. 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Apr. 28 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. May 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events