Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. May 29 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day holiday
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. June 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The Fed Umbrella...
You can find today's FOMC meeting Statement, Economic Projections, Federal Funds Rate, and Chairman Bernanke's Press Conference links here (just click on the file folder to the right of each, then click on the 'latest release' link for further details).
With the Fed supporting these markets with unprecedented monetary easing and stimulus programs, they are sloughing off what would have been considered market-moving negative news in previous years (including macro-economic news, as well as domestic economic and company earnings and forward-guidance data). It appears that neither fundamentals nor technicals matter anymore.
Forewarned is forearmed.
You can see from the Monthly charts of the Major Indices below that the only two Indices that haven't yet surpassed their 10-year highs are the S&P 500 and the Dow Utilities. The SPX is a breath away, so no doubt, traders are expecting that to be reached...the question is, "What happens next?" Hint -- watch for parabolic moves, which may occur before any further profit-taking occurs, particularly as fund managers prepare for end-of-month/quarter (and the Easter long weekend) window dressing.