UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Saturday, February 01, 2020
Money Flow Flip: SPX vs GOLD vs OIL
As shown on the following monthly comparison chart of the SPX, GOLD and OIL, the Balance of Power has shifted from buyers to sellers in the SPX on this timeframe.
For clues as to further weakness or strengthening of the SPX, please refer to my comments with respect the SPX:VIX ratio in my last post, which hints of further weakness. Furthermore, January's candle formation on the SPX is a shooting star, also a bearish signal in the longer term.
Near-term major resistance sits at 1600 for GOLD. That level must be recaptured and held to support any further sustainable rally with conviction.