Further to my post of January 9, GOLD is poised to take the lead away from the SPX in terms of safe-haven money flow, while money has been fleeing OIL.
As shown on the following monthly comparison chart of the SPX, GOLD and OIL, the Balance of Power has shifted from buyers to sellers in the SPX on this timeframe.
For clues as to further weakness or strengthening of the SPX, please refer to my comments with respect the SPX:VIX ratio in my last post, which hints of further weakness. Furthermore, January's candle formation on the SPX is a shooting star, also a bearish signal in the longer term.
Near-term major resistance sits at 1600 for GOLD. That level must be recaptured and held to support any further sustainable rally with conviction.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 6 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. July 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 27 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Sept. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.