Of the five FAANG Tech stocks, Netflix (NFLX) has enormously outperformed its counterparts on a percentage-gained basis, from the beginning of 2013 onward, as shown on the following two 5-Year graphs.
NFLX continues to keep pace, percentage-wise, with the other four, as shown on the Year-to-date graph below.
I'd watch for exceptionally high volumes to drive these stocks to even higher levels at this accelerated pace for the near term, as has been the case since June of last year. Otherwise, we may see a leveling off of the buying, as was the case this past week on AAPL, as shown on the 1-Week graph below.
And, as I've mentioned in previous posts (more recently here), Technology holds the key to overall U.S. equity strength, in my opinion. Until major weakness strikes these five major tech stocks, in particular, we're likely to see that continue.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Sept. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Sept. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Sept. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events