A new "sell" signal has triggered on all three technical indicators for Brazil's Bovespa Index (BVSP), following Thursday's "shock drop," as shown on the Daily chart below.
Near-term price resistance and support levels sit at 65,000 and 62,500, respectively, followed by longer-term support at 57,000.
Looking at a bigger-picture Monthly chart below, we see that longer-term Fibonacci resistance is around 64,400 and shorter-term Fibonacci support is around 61,800.
As is the case with longer term price support (noted above), there is a convergence of major long and short-term Fibonacci support around 57,000.
If price fails to hold above the 200-day moving average (62,276), as well as short-term Fib support at 61,800, we could see a swift drop to major Fib support at 57,000, or lower.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Wed. May 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. May 23 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9, Feb. 21 PMI came in at 47.6, Mar. 22 came in at 44.7 & Apr. 18 came in at 44.5 (contraction mode deepens!)
* Wed. May 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. June 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. June 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...