In my post of December 16, 2014, I stated:
" It may be that we will see larger volatility ensue in currencies, before they play out to any great extent (or near-term trends become very clear) in world indices."
The RSI, MACD and Stochastics indicators on the following Daily ratio chart below of the SPX vs Swiss Franc ($SPX:$XSF) were forecasting a weakening of the SPX compared to the XSF from last November.
Who knew we'd see a drop of 18.75% (of the Swiss Franc) in one day (last Thursday)! A drop and hold below its (the SPX:XSF ratio) current major support level of 17 (formed from early-to mid-2014) could roil equity markets globally.
The RSI, MACD and Stochastics indicators on the following Daily ratio chart below of the SPX vs Euro ($SPX:$XEU) are also forecasting a weakening of the SPX compared to the XEU from last November.
Perhaps we'll see a repeat of the above price action when the ECB's President Draghi speaks on January 22nd...if so, price could plunge to somewhere between 13.5 and 14.0 at major support...or lower...one to watch in the near term, along with world markets!
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 27 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events