Irresponsible actions from North Korea caused this 5.0 earthquake today. For more information on their nuclear test blast that caused it, you can read this Guardian UK article.
Until something more definitive/aggressive (and effective) comes from the United Nations Security Council, I see no reason why further blasts will not be forthcoming from North Korea...they seem to be proceeding with their plans (whatever they are) unabated and undeterred.
Otherwise, they (the Security Council) will have no alternative but to accept those consequences (immediate and eventual fallouts), just as they will have to accept today's consequences (as this blast is already a "fait accompli"). Members of the Council should consider the safety of all citizens of this fair planet when making decisions, which should not be based on self-serving gains/ideals. Any members who do not uphold such global safety ideals should not be allowed to be a member and, thus, receive all attendant benefits and privileges.
This is my opinion as a concerned citizen of this planet.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Dec. 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Dec. 21 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Manufacturing PMI (watch for a drop below 50)
* Tues. & Wed. Dec. 25 & 26 ~ Canadian markets closed for Christmas & Boxing Day Holidays
* Tues. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. markets closed for Christmas Day Holiday & close early @ 1:00 pm on Mon. Dec. 24
* Wed. Jan. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...