Irresponsible actions from North Korea caused this 5.0 earthquake today. For more information on their nuclear test blast that caused it, you can read this Guardian UK article.
Until something more definitive/aggressive (and effective) comes from the United Nations Security Council, I see no reason why further blasts will not be forthcoming from North Korea...they seem to be proceeding with their plans (whatever they are) unabated and undeterred.
Otherwise, they (the Security Council) will have no alternative but to accept those consequences (immediate and eventual fallouts), just as they will have to accept today's consequences (as this blast is already a "fait accompli"). Members of the Council should consider the safety of all citizens of this fair planet when making decisions, which should not be based on self-serving gains/ideals. Any members who do not uphold such global safety ideals should not be allowed to be a member and, thus, receive all attendant benefits and privileges.
This is my opinion as a concerned citizen of this planet.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events