The Euro is down today (after weaker-than-anticipated European, German, French and Italian GDP data was released pre-market) and is producing a drag on European Financials, as shown on the two ratio charts below. The EUFN:SPX ratio shows that the European Financials are weakening...price is below the 50 sma today and still below the longer-term uptrend. The Euro:SPX ratio is sitting just below major support. Ones to watch to see if the Euro weakness persists and whether it produces a drag on U.S. equities.
Meanwhile, the Bull/Bear standoff continues as we await a breakout/down, as shown on the 60 min (market hours only) charts below of the 4 major E-mini Futures Indices.
Perhaps we'll see more definitive movement after Monday's holiday.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events