With today's (Wednesday's) "gap-up-and-go" action on the SPX, RUT, and NDX, volatility got crushed, as shown on the three Daily ratio charts below.
The SPX:VIX ratio closed just above trendline resistance. I'd say, if price can hold above 95.00, it has a good chance of going higher, provided the Momentum indicator stays above the zero level now.
The RUT:RVX ratio closed at major resistance. I'd say, if price can hold above 46.00, it has a good chance of going higher, provided the Momentum indicator stays above the zero level now.
The NDX:VXN ratio closed in between trendline resistance and support. I'd say, if price can hold above 150.00, it has a good chance of going higher, provided the Momentum indicator stays above the zero level now.
As shown on the Daily charts below, and looking at a bigger picture, there is still plenty of room in a larger channel from the June 2012 lows on the SPX and NDX before they hit their upper channel, while the upper channel is much closer at around 890.00 on the RUT. Whether the RUT hits its upper channel and continues to run higher without either consolidating or pulling back remains to be seen, if the SPX and NDX continue their rally...one to watch for continued leadership, particularly after making it's all-time high/closing high today.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 18 ~ U.S. Markets Closed for Presidents' Day
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Feb. 21 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9 (now in contraction mode)
* Tues. Feb. 26 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales Ex Autos m/m & Retail Sales m/m
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...