Price on three top Insurance ETFs has been dropping since mid-August, as shown on the following Daily charts of IAK, KBWP and KIE. In the process, they made some extreme lower swing lows on each of their respective three technical indicators, suggesting that further weakness lies ahead.
As of Friday's close, they are trading around their 200-day moving averages, so failure to regain an upward bias from that level could spell further sharp drops for these ETFs. Watch for any major volume spikes on further weakness to indicate possible panic selling. In the short term, we may, first, see a retest of their 50-day moving average (possible "Dead Cat Bounce") before the next leg down occurs.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday