Further to yesterday's post, the SPX has filled one prior gap up (in between the blue lines) and is currently filling a second (in between the red lines) (both made in the latter part of April), as shown on the following Daily chart.
At the moment, near-term support sits somewhere around 2320 (price support) to 2338 (external Fibonacci support shown in yesterday's chart).
A drop and hold below 2320 could see a swift plunge to 2250, or lower and may be influenced by a major change in market perception of Washington's ability (or inability) to function and produce any meaningful progress on the kinds of economic stimulus programs, tax cuts and reforms, etc., as promised by politicians during last year's election and, on which, market players were counting, as they invested heavily from that time...particularly, as the Fed reduces its monetary stimulus measures and continues raising interest rates.
We'll see where any political facts (if they surface), relating to ongoing investigations, lead the markets. No doubt any major shift in overall market confidence (to the downside) would produce such facts and resolutions sooner rather than later, inasmuch as 3 Trillion dollars added since the election remains at stake, as I've described here and here.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. May 29 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day holiday
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. June 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes