Further to my post of May 2nd, there is a similarity in the behaviour of price action since last May, as reflected in the following two Daily charts of the Commodities ETF (DBC) and the AUD/USD forex pair.
At the moment, each one is trading below both the 50 sma (red) and 200 sma (pink), both are at their respective lower Bollinger Band, the MACD has just hooked down on Thursday's close, and the Stochastics has crossed over to the downside. The DBC is approaching major support in the vicinity of 27.47, while the AUD/USD is trading immediately below trendline apex support of 1.0274.
A break with conviction and hold below these respective support levels would indicate further weakness in commodities, and possibly drag the equities markets further down...two to watch for further direction.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events