Italy's FTSE MIB Index still remains more than 60% below its record high reached pre-2007 financial crisis, as shown on the monthly chart below.
It's facing major overhead resistance with the convergence of a triple top price formation, 40% Fibonacci retracement level, and the lower edge of its original uptrending channel around 24,568, which is still a long way above its current price, but which may act as a depressant and contribute to volatile swings until it eventually retests that level and either breaks and holds above, or is rejected.
Also, 24,568 is approximately the median (major resistance) of an Andrew's Pitchfork formation on the monthly timeframe, as shown on the chart below.
Near-term minor resistance and support sit at 22850 and 21500, respectively, as shown on the daily chart below.
With no clear majority victory for any political party in Italy's recent general election, I'd say that volatile swings that began in March of last year will continue in this index until price breaks and holds above or below this 1,350-point consolidation zone, in the short term.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Nov. 3 ~ U.S. Presidential Election
* Wed. Dec. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Fri. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Wed. Jan. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events