UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, March 08, 2018
More Volatility Ahead for Italy's FTSE MIB Index
It's facing major overhead resistance with the convergence of a triple top price formation, 40% Fibonacci retracement level, and the lower edge of its original uptrending channel around 24,568, which is still a long way above its current price, but which may act as a depressant and contribute to volatile swings until it eventually retests that level and either breaks and holds above, or is rejected.
Also, 24,568 is approximately the median (major resistance) of an Andrew's Pitchfork formation on the monthly timeframe, as shown on the chart below.
Near-term minor resistance and support sit at 22850 and 21500, respectively, as shown on the daily chart below.
With no clear majority victory for any political party in Italy's recent general election, I'd say that volatile swings that began in March of last year will continue in this index until price breaks and holds above or below this 1,350-point consolidation zone, in the short term.