UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Sunday, February 25, 2018
US 10YR T-Note: Major Support & Resistance Levels
The following monthly comparison chart shows the price action of all three. The US Dollar, generally, trends in the same direction as the 10YR T-Note, but has seen much more volatile swings. The 10YR Rate has recently broken above a very long-term downtrend line and is threatening to break above 3%, a level last hit in January 2014.
There are four sets of Fibonacci retracement drawings depicted on the following monthly chart of the 10YR T-Note, as well as a very long-term uptrending channel.
Price has recently broken below the bottom of this channel and sits at/near major support at the convergence of various levels of three of these Fib retracements (two long term and one short term) around 120.00. Major resistance lies a short distance above at 121.59 to 122.70 ( two short term Fib levels and channel confluence).
We'll see if buyers step in to 10YR T-Notes and the US Dollar if the 10YR Rate spikes up to/through 3%.
Conversely, and as I mentioned in my above-referenced post, if DX fails to stabilize around 90.00, the next major support lies below around the 84.55 level. As well, the next major support level for the 10YR T-Note sits around 115.00 to 116.00 (confluence of three sets of Fib retracements levels...two long term and one short term).