I last wrote about the 10YR T-Note, 10YR Rate, and the US Dollar (DX) here.
The following monthly comparison chart shows the price action of all three. The US Dollar, generally, trends in the same direction as the 10YR T-Note, but has seen much more volatile swings. The 10YR Rate has recently broken above a very long-term downtrend line and is threatening to break above 3%, a level last hit in January 2014.
There are four sets of Fibonacci retracement drawings depicted on the following monthly chart of the 10YR T-Note, as well as a very long-term uptrending channel.
Price has recently broken below the bottom of this channel and sits at/near major support at the convergence of various levels of three of these Fib retracements (two long term and one short term) around 120.00. Major resistance lies a short distance above at 121.59 to 122.70 ( two short term Fib levels and channel confluence).
We'll see if buyers step in to 10YR T-Notes and the US Dollar if the 10YR Rate spikes up to/through 3%.
Conversely, and as I mentioned in my above-referenced post, if DX fails to stabilize around 90.00, the next major support lies below around the 84.55 level. As well, the next major support level for the 10YR T-Note sits around 115.00 to 116.00 (confluence of three sets of Fib retracements levels...two long term and one short term).
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events