U.S. 10-Year Treasury Yields have now tagged the apex of two rising intersecting trendlines (the high of February's candle) and is currently trading a bit below, as shown on the following monthly chart.
It will need to break and hold above this apex around 2.885, first, before reaching 3% at some point.
The momentum indicator is above the zero level, and, as long as it remains above, it hints at higher rates ahead on this longer term timeframe. However, the RSI is nearing its prior all-time high of 67.7510 set in January of 2000, so we may see quite a tug of war playing out over the coming days/weeks.
If we see a spike in RSI over and above that prior high, look to see whether momentum makes a higher swing high. If so, that could very propel this to 3%, or higher. If not, then I think price will move sideways for awhile.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 6 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. July 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 27 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Sept. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.