UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, February 08, 2018
Trendline Apex Tagged by U.S. 10-Year Treasury Yields
It will need to break and hold above this apex around 2.885, first, before reaching 3% at some point.
The momentum indicator is above the zero level, and, as long as it remains above, it hints at higher rates ahead on this longer term timeframe. However, the RSI is nearing its prior all-time high of 67.7510 set in January of 2000, so we may see quite a tug of war playing out over the coming days/weeks.
If we see a spike in RSI over and above that prior high, look to see whether momentum makes a higher swing high. If so, that could very propel this to 3%, or higher. If not, then I think price will move sideways for awhile.