UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, July 05, 2017
The Fed and the SPX: Catalyst Fizzle
So far, market reaction to this report has been muted and non-committal, as evidenced by the long tails on both the tops and bottoms of the candles of the following 5 minute intraday chart of the SPX.
This lack of commitment by traders is also prevalent in the day-to-day action since June, as shown on the following Daily chart, which is consistent with what I reported in my post of July 2nd (which presented an outlook for longer timeframes for this market).
So, if traders were looking for any type of catalyst from the Fed to move this market higher (or lower) in the short term, I'd say this report wasn't the ticket.