Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Wed. May 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. May 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Fri. May 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. May 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. May 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. May 23 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9, Feb. 21 PMI came in at 47.6, Mar. 22 came in at 44.7 & Apr. 18 came in at 44.5 (contraction mode deepens!)
* Wed. May 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...
"Why does history keep repeating itself? Because we weren't listening the first time." ~~ Author Unknown
"If a fool and his money are soon departed, how did the fool get his money in the first place?" ~~ Author Unknown
Saturday, June 10, 2017
The Art of "Borrowing"
I learned a valuable lesson a few years ago in my move cross-country. Since I was in the process of a major downsizing following the loss of my husband several years before that, I was finding it difficult to part with a number of items that we'd accumulated over the years...as well as still grieving his passing and the passing of our two pussycats in the past several years...my "family" of four had been reduced to a family of one (me). However, I had no choice...I had to be rigorous in my approach to the move and establishing my new life.
Then I remembered something I'd learned in the past year...something that can be of benefit to each of us...that was to simply think of items that I had accumulated as items that were only meant to be borrowed and not meant to be kept for life...this same principle can also be applied to everyone we meet (and are a part of) throughout our life (friends, loved ones, spouses, partners, children, family members, pets, etc.).
I think the key to the success of this concept of borrowing is to accept this as fact, detach as much as possible from the many emotions surrounding each treasure (item and person), and maintain a steadfast (and joyful) determination to move forward with our life and life purpose, in spite of the changes in our circumstances. We may also find it useful to think of all the things we're grateful for as we reflect on each of these items and people and to discover what we've learned from our association with them. Finally, and this relates to our items that we're selling or donating, we may think of these as items that others will "borrow," enjoy, and eventually pass on to someone else, as well.
Nothing in our lives lasts forever...good times...bad times...people...pets...things...situations, etc. Change happens, and we need to accept it, so we can grow from each experience....this is one method that can work for you to help you cope with such events.
Such an approach can keep you sane and on track with your life purpose (to move forward in a healthy manner)...I speak from experience...it certainly did for me.