From the Monthly chart below of the S&P 500 Index (SPX), we could see it rally another 100 points, or so, to around 2525, before it stalls or a meaningful pullback occurs.
That price level would surpass a 200% external Fibonacci level at 2473.34 and intersect with a +1 standard deviation of a long-term regression channel from the 2009 lows.
June's high-wave candle on the following Monthly ratio chart of SPX:VIX shows that volatility has been creeping in, as equity traders become more cautious on the upside.
However, the Momentum indicator is at an all-time high on this timeframe, signalling that bulls remain in charge, in spite of a slight rise in volatility. As such, this ratio chart is worth monitoring, if the SPX continues its rally to new highs. Depending on how June's candle closes, along with the level of the Momentum indicator at that time, we may be able to determine future strength or weakness of the SPX.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events