From the Monthly chart below of the S&P 500 Index (SPX), we could see it rally another 100 points, or so, to around 2525, before it stalls or a meaningful pullback occurs.
That price level would surpass a 200% external Fibonacci level at 2473.34 and intersect with a +1 standard deviation of a long-term regression channel from the 2009 lows.
June's high-wave candle on the following Monthly ratio chart of SPX:VIX shows that volatility has been creeping in, as equity traders become more cautious on the upside.
However, the Momentum indicator is at an all-time high on this timeframe, signalling that bulls remain in charge, in spite of a slight rise in volatility. As such, this ratio chart is worth monitoring, if the SPX continues its rally to new highs. Depending on how June's candle closes, along with the level of the Momentum indicator at that time, we may be able to determine future strength or weakness of the SPX.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 9 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Oct. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...