After reaching all-time highs earlier this year, Canada's TSX Index has dropped to around the 15,250 level, as shown on the following Monthly chart...an important long-term major support/resistance level.
The latest drop has been halted by a very high volume spike around the 200-day moving average, shown on the Daily chart below.
This index has, historically, been tied to the price of crude oil, as can be seen on the graph below, although it didn't experience the same dramatic drop as oil did in 2014.
So, as I mentioned in my post of June 21, if oil can regain and hold 43.50, and if the recent high-volume spike on the TSX was an indication of capitulation, we may see a rally ensue in both of these markets. Otherwise, weakness in one may drag the other down, as well...two charts worth watching in the short term.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 23 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Manufacturing PMI (watch for a drop below 50)
* Wed. Jan. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...