UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Canada's Inflation Rate for June 2014 Increased to 2.4%...Trend or Anomaly?
Is this the continuation of a longer-term trend, or simply temporary? Time will tell.
As I mentioned in my post of June 20th, a break and hold below 1.065 for the USD/CAD Forex pair may cause some concern for the Bank of Canada. That level was hit last week, as shown on the following 10-Year Weekly chart before it bounced and retested a 40% Fibonacci level at 1.08 and declined to its current level 1.0736 as I write this during Friday's trading session.
This is a chart worth watching, along with my chart posted overnight of GOLD, to watch for a break and hold of one of these resistance or support levels...higher GOLD prices may include a strengthening of the Canadian Dollar against the U.S. Dollar.