It would appear that Gold is on its way to 1150, or lower, as I last discussed in my post of April 22nd.
As I write this in overnight trading, Gold is now priced at 1197.50.
The GDP estimate for Q1 of 2013, to which I referred in that earlier post, has now been revised. As I mentioned in my post of June 26th, the final number came in at 1.8%...considerably lower than the 3% forecast in April. The trend continues down, as shown on the graph below.
*UPDATE June 28th @ 11:00 am: A low of 1179.40 has been made in overnight trading...whether we see a meaningful bounce from here remains to be seen. Here's a shot of the updated Weekly chart. You can see that price blew right through thin volumes on the Volume Profile along the right side of the chart at 1300.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. May 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. May 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. May 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. June 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. June 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.