Further to my post of March 9th, and as can be seen on the two Daily charts below, the Financials ETF (XLF) outperformed the SPX and the U.S. $ on Tuesday. With Tuesday's volume spike, the recent bullish Golden Cross of the 50 sma above the 200 sma, and a potential reversal of negative divergences on the RSI, MACD, and Stochastics indicators, these two charts are worth watching over the next days/weeks to come to see whether the Financials sector maintains its leadership over these two instruments.
The Daily chartgrid below of YM, ES, NQ & TF, as well as XLF, the major banks and a couple of the credit card companies shows an increase in volume on Tuesday's trading, as well as Golden Crosses on some of the banks, with this event imminent on the others. Whether we see a pause on those at the top of their Bollinger Bands, or a pullback, remains to be seen.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Winter in Paris
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 3 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 22, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.