I've done a couple of posts in the past on "Mr. Fat Finger"...one on April 21, 2011, and the other on December 3, 2011. The following is a brief update.
There are two shaded circles on each of the Weekly charts below of YM, ES, NQ & TF. The first contains the infamous "Fat Finger" day in 2010. The second contains the downdraft following Standard & Poor's downgrade of the U.S. credit rating in 2011. For all you wave traders, we may be approaching the final segment of a Wave 5 on the Weekly timeframe. It may be prudent to be prepared for sudden "Fat Finger" downdrafts, particularly if the TF is not able to break out and hold above 2011 highs.
In this regard, the support levels, which coincide with the upper portion of the 2011 downdraft, are 12500 for YM, 1330 for ES, 2420 for NQ...850 represents that level for TF, but it hasn't even closed above it yet, so it's holding as resistance.
On a smaller 4-Hour timeframe, the charts below contain an uptrending channel from December 2011 lows. They show the YM as the weakest after the 2-day pullback, so far, this week, then ES, TF, and NQ.
The last 4-Hour charts below contain an External Fibonacci retracement. We could get a bounce here if the YM holds above the confluence of the 38.2% retracement and the lower channel. The NQ retested its Fibonacci breakout and bounced at the 100% External Fibonacci level after reaching its 200% External Fibonacci level...it's back inside the channel.
In summary, the important players are YM and NQ on a 4-Hour timeframe, as well as the TF on a Weekly basis...ones to watch for potential further weakness.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Nov. 3 ~ U.S. Presidential Election
* Tues. Nov. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Nov. 25 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 26 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
* Fri. Nov. 27 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday/Black Friday
* Wed. Dec. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Fri. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events