The Fed has pushed the markets to unhealthy extreme levels as evidenced in my weekend posts below...if they insist on continuing along this same path, then they are simply running on "Artificial Intelligence," in my opinion.
That being said, I'll have to see how the markets trade, either continuing to bounce around in between their Daily support and resistance levels (see "Fat Finger" post below for chart grid of YM, ES, NQ & TF), or whether they break out on sustained momentum in either direction...in order to daytrade within the confines of any of these scenarios, I'll be drilling down to smaller timeframes and using my little "bag of tricks" to see whether any decent trades set up on TF before the Fed meeting on Wednesday. The potential exists for some big moves, as well as a "fizzle" until then. The key to all of this may lie in volume levels...will see how all of this plays out.
"Intaxication" -- Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Aug. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Fri. Aug. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Aug. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance