U.S. 10-Year Treasury Yields have now tagged the apex of two rising intersecting trendlines (the high of February's candle) and is currently trading a bit below, as shown on the following monthly chart.
It will need to break and hold above this apex around 2.885, first, before reaching 3% at some point.
The momentum indicator is above the zero level, and, as long as it remains above, it hints at higher rates ahead on this longer term timeframe. However, the RSI is nearing its prior all-time high of 67.7510 set in January of 2000, so we may see quite a tug of war playing out over the coming days/weeks.
If we see a spike in RSI over and above that prior high, look to see whether momentum makes a higher swing high. If so, that could very propel this to 3%, or higher. If not, then I think price will move sideways for awhile.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events