I last wrote about the percentage of stocks above a variety of moving averages in my post of September 8.
In the week since, buyers scooped up stocks in all the Major Indices, leaving only one minor group in the "below-50% category," as shown on the following tables.
We'll see if this recent risk-on appetite continues in the near term, and whether the Russell 2000 and Transports stocks can break out to new highs for the year.
Cyclicals, Energy, Consumer Staples, and Financials are lagging among the 9 Major Sectors, as shown on the following Daily charts, Year-to-date percentages gained/lost graph, and table.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference