Today (April 27) marked another milestone as the SPX:VIX ratio hit an all-time high, along with a record high on the Momentum indicator, as shown on the following Monthly ratio chart.
We'll see if that continues if Congress fails to take over the reigns from the Fed (who are now tightening monetary policy) and move forward with President Trump's fiscal policies to stimulate and strengthen the economy and labour market (from which they've abdicated their responsibilities and simply left up to the Fed to handle since the 2008/09 financial crisis).
I'm not convinced that will happen any time soon, since all we've seen from Congress, so far, is obstructionism, complete resistance, slow-walking and failure to responsibly represent America's interests, as a whole, as well as witnessing, what seems to be, unabashed and an unprecedented amount of hate speech...not a great image for the country to project as a supposed "leader of the free world."
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. May 29 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day holiday
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. June 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes