Further to my post of February 15th, data released Wednesday night shows that Foreign Direct Investment in China pushed deeper into negative territory, as shown on the graph below.
I had mentioned in my post that 2350 was near-term support on the Shanghai Stock Exchange Index. After yesterday's drop, today's price action traded in a choppy range just above that level, as shown on the 5-day intraday chart below.
As I write this post during market hours on Thursday, the Daily chart below of this index doesn't yet contain today's candle. Near-term support now lies around 2300-2320. The uptrend from last year's low was broken on Wednesday on negative indicator divergences.
Add the above data to the mix of negative data pertaining to the huge drop in China's Trade Balance for February (as noted in my post of March 10th, and the outlook, at the moment, does not look positive...definitely the laggard of the BRIC countries and the one that bears a close watch.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events