I have several general observations for YM, ES, NQ & TF only tonight...
Daily charts: This screenshot shows the daily see-saw action since Feb. 21/11...price is currently in the vicinity of an IHS "neckline." So far, price has bounced back above the 50sma (red) after being broken several times since that date.
60 min charts: This screenshot shows recent price consolidation relative to the "neckline" area on the Daily chart...price is either above, below, or around it and is either above, below or around chop area from early April. The 50sma (red) X'd above the 200sma (pink) around mid-week (last week)...price is now contained within a tight sideways channel since then and is now near the steeply rising 50sma.
Tomorrow I'll be watching price action relative to the latest sideways channel on the 60min charts to see if any meaningful and sustained movement occurs outside of it on decent volumes in either direction...I'll also be watching to see if price bounces around in between the 50 & 200sma's. In any event, I'll drilling down to smaller timeframes for any further clues throughout my trading day. Volumes were generally lighter today...will see if the markets are willing to make a committed move before the Fed announcement.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events