UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, August 16, 2019
What Does Dr. Copper Signal For Global Markets?
Since early 2018, it hasn't been able to break out above the upper edge of this triangle, confirming the weakness that we've been seeing in global markets, to date. My last article summarizes this weakness in a nutshell.
I've shown the Rate-of-Change (ROC) and Average True Range (ATR) indicators in histogram format with an input value of one period. I'd watch for a series of larger spikes on each to signal, either serious and sustained buying, or a plunge to further lows (as another gauge to track global market strength/weakness). Otherwise, continued smaller spikes would accompany more range-bound, tepid trading in Copper, as well as global markets, in general.