Further to my post of March 10, we may be seeing the beginnings of a 10th year bull run, inasmuch as volatility of the SPX, NDX, and RUT has been attempting to stabilize recently.
However, this attempt is not yet a slam dunk. As noted on the following daily ratio charts of the SPX:VIX, NDX:VXN, and RUT:RVX, I'm still waiting for:
SPX:VIX ratio: a bullish crossover of the 50 MA above the 200 MA to form a Golden Cross
NDX:VXN ratio: a bullish crossover of the PMO technical indicator
RUT:RVX ratio: a bullish crossover of the PMO technical indicator
All other technical indicators must continue to hold their present bullish formations, and price needs to hold above their respective major support levels, namely:
From the next chart, which compares price action and percentages gained year-to-date of the four major indices, we see that the Dow 30 and S&P 500 Indices will need to pick up the pace in order to provide some kind of assurances to traders/investors that there is broad support for a 10th year bull run.
Otherwise, we just may see a 'summer swoon,' as I described in my post of June 30. In this regard, I'm continuing to monitor the World Market Index (last chart). If we see a break and hold above its next resistance level of 2000, a reversal of the bearish moving average Death Cross to form a bullish Golden Cross, and maintenance of bullish formations on all three technical indicators, such a swoon may be averted.
Keep an eye on the above three ratio charts, as well as the World Market Index for cross-confirmation of either scenario.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 23 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Manufacturing PMI (watch for a drop below 50)
* Wed. Jan. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...