I last wrote about the five FAANG Tech stocks at the end of June.
Since then, we've seen rotation in and out of these stocks, as depicted on the following four percentage gained/lost graphs of varying lengths of time...namely, Year-to-date, 2017 Q3, the month of September, and the past week, respectively.
They are all still stuck in their large sideways trading ranges -- and Amazon and Apple are trading below their 50-day moving average -- as shown on the following 1-Year daily charts. All of them have formed some kind of topping formation, especially Amazon, which has formed a bearish Head & Shoulders pattern.
Watch for a break and hold, firstly, below their 50-day moving averages, and, then, a break and hold below their support levels, on escalating volumes, as a signal that traders are running from risk in Q4. Otherwise, renewed strength in these stocks, with increasing volume support, will indicate the market's continued overreach for growth versus value, at least until the end of the year when we may see the Fed hike interest rates for the third time this year.
Additional information can be found in my last post here (that details what may lie ahead for equities, in general, in Q4), which may or may not influence risk-appetite trading action (and vice versa) in the FAANGs.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Nov. 3 ~ U.S. Presidential Election
* Wed. Dec. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Fri. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Wed. Jan. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events