* See UPDATES below...
It would appear that the World Market Index is heading towards 1600 or lower, as we now have new "sell" signals on all 3 indicators on the Daily chart below.
As I mentioned in my post of June 8, 2015, the Shanghai and Nikkei Indices likely hold the key to its fate.
* UPDATE Jan. 7th: 1600, essentially, reached today...price closed at its low of the day. A drop and hold below that level would likely spark U.S. markets to accelerate this week's plunge.
We'll see what Asian markets do over the next few days...Japan's Nikkei Index is -6.65% and China's Shanghai Index is -11.7%, so far, this week, while the S&P 500 Index is -4.93%.
* UPDATE Jan. 8th: 1600 was breached today...price closed below at its low of the day.
The following 5-day comparison chart shows the Dow 30 as the black line at 0.0% (the baseline)...we can see from this that the SPX outperformed the Dow this week. while the NDX underperformed, and the RUT performed the worst. Even if Small-caps continue their weakness next week, we'll need to see weakness ramp up in Large-caps and continue in Technology, if markets are truly in trouble at this point. Otherwise, we may see a dead-cat bounce for awhile, until the plug is pulled in China, once and for all.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Thurs. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. July 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains
with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance