As I mentioned in my post on February 24th, 150.00 is the Bull/Bear Line-in-Sand level for the SPX:VIX ratio, as shown on the updated Daily ratio chart below.
At the moment, price is back above this level, after bouncing in between 160.00ish and 120.00ish since that last post.
The following 2-year Daily chart of the SPX shows a high-volume spike made this past Friday. Generally speaking, each time such a volume spike occurred during this timeframe, it has been followed by, either, an immediate reversal, or one shortly thereafter. If history is to repeat itself, I'd say the SPX is due to reverse to the downside soon.
We may see clues of such an event develop in the SPX:VIX ratio chart above. Bulls will need to hold price above 150.00, plus we'll need to see the price of the Momentum indicator hold above the zero level. A drop and hold below those levels may see the Bears re-take control of the SPX and send it below its last swing low to, potentially, re-test the 200-day moving average, or lower.
Additionally, further clues as to direction may be found in the last update I've written in my post entitled "Major World Index Poised for Breakout or Failure?" at this link.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 23 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Manufacturing PMI (watch for a drop below 50)
* Wed. Jan. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Feb. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...