After the Bank of Japan's policy announcement on October 31st to increase the amount of money they're pouring into the markets (including U.S. markets), the Nikkei Futures Index soared and ended the week just above major resistance (around 16,666) and is back into the 2007/08 froth, as shown on the Weekly chart of the NKD below.
Failure to hold this level (which is, no doubt, an important psychological level to surpass), could see this index slip back to 15,000, 13,700, or even 12,600 (as I discussed in my post of October 12th) before they step in and prop it up, once more. Daily volumes may hold the key to direction in this regard...former buying from November of 2013 was thin and resulted in "dead-cat-bounces."
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Jan. 4, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.