Since my post of June 8th (wherein I noted that the SPX:VIX ratio had overshot its technical resistance limit, and price and Momentum had reached all-time record highs), price has been fluctuating, primarily above the 150.00 level, currently near-term support, as shown on the following 20-year Weekly ratio chart.
As long as price remains above 150.00 I'd say that buying will re-enter the SPX and push price even higher on this ratio. We'll see whether Momentum confirms, if such a scenario occurs...and, if it signals support for any sustained buying above resistance at 180.00.
The next support levels are at 140.00 and 110.00, if we see selling in the SPX. Either way, we may see a continued consolidation until price breaks and holds either above 180.00 or below 150.00...or, even some pretty large volatile swings in between 180.00 and 110.00, until a break and hold pattern is established, one way or the other.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. May 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. May 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. May 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 28 ~ U.S. markets closed for Memorial Day Holiday
* Wed. May 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. June 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...