UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Spread Between Brent Crude Oil & WTIC Light Crude Oil
The following 3-Year Daily ratio chart of BRENT:WTIC shows that the spread has been widening recently in favour of Brent. With the positive cross of the RSI above 50 and the positive cross-overs of the MACD and Stochastics, it would appear that this spread may continue to widen...if price can break and hold above the 50 and, possibly, 200 MAs.
The following 3-Year Daily chart of Brent shows that major resistance lies higher than current price at 117.00-119.00.
The following 3-Year Daily chart of WTIC shows that major resistance awaits at around 112.00.
With RSIs in their upper range on both of these two charts, we may see some profit-taking sometime soon...however, the RSIs aren't signalling any divergence, nor is momentum (which is above the zero level on both)...and, both are under the bullish influence of recent Golden Cross formations. The only divergence is the Stochastics on WTIC, with a negative cross-over, as well. We'll see whether the recent climb in both Brent and WTIC continues and whether the spread widens further in favour of Brent.