The following Daily charts show price action for 1 year on the SPX and other select major world indices. I've chosen these simply to illustrate comparative market strength of these regions.
If you look at price action from the beginning of 2013, you can see that Japan's Nikkei has gained the most, followed by the SPX, London's FTSE, Germany's DAX, France's CAC, and Australia's AORD. The laggards have been the BRIC countries, although India is slightly in the green for the year. This is more easily seen on the following Year-to-date percentage gained/lost graph.
This news has just been released regarding the ECB's EFSF (I've written about the EFSF and the OMT here relative to the OMT's legitimacy):
Any substantial weakening of the EU countries (particularly below the 50 MA) in response to this news could have a negative affect on the SPX, as well as the already-depressed BRIC countries...ones to watch over the days/weeks to come.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 18 ~ U.S. Markets Closed for Presidents' Day
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Feb. 21 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9 (now in contraction mode)
* Tues. Feb. 26 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales Ex Autos m/m & Retail Sales m/m
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...