UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
China's Shanghai Index and AUD/CAD
Since then, price has rallied and has closed above 2000 in Thursday's action, as shown on the Daily chart below. The next hurdle will be to rally and hold above the 50 and 200 MAs at 2200, followed by a downtrend line at 2300.
One gauge of China's strength going forward may be exemplified by the AUD/CAD forex pair.
You can see from the following Weekly chart that, as of Thursday evening, price has, once again, broken below the lower edge of the downtrending channel and is threatening to fall to the next support level of 0.9300, or lower.
Further weakness in AUD/CAD may drag the Shanghai Index back below the critical 2000 level (or vice versa)...worthwhile watching if you trade the Shanghai market.