I last wrote about the importance of China's Shanghai Index regaining control and remaining above the 2000 level on June 24th.
Since then, price has rallied and has closed above 2000 in Thursday's action, as shown on the Daily chart below. The next hurdle will be to rally and hold above the 50 and 200 MAs at 2200, followed by a downtrend line at 2300.
One gauge of China's strength going forward may be exemplified by the AUD/CAD forex pair.
You can see from the following Weekly chart that, as of Thursday evening, price has, once again, broken below the lower edge of the downtrending channel and is threatening to fall to the next support level of 0.9300, or lower.
Further weakness in AUD/CAD may drag the Shanghai Index back below the critical 2000 level (or vice versa)...worthwhile watching if you trade the Shanghai market.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Tues. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Aug. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Aug. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Aug. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...