UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Oil's Slippery Ride
However, price on the Commodities ETF (DBC) and the AUD/USD forex pair Weekly charts below did manage to rally up to push slightly beyond their "mean", but pulled back to it on DBC and just above on AUD/USD in Monday's action.
A failure to hold the channel support on Oil and the "mean" on DBC and AUD/USD could well send all of these back down to their lower Bollinger Band or lower. A move lower could negatively influence equities.
In this regard, 64.00 to 72.50 represents an important confluence zone for the SPX:VIX ratio pair....price closed just above 72.50 on Monday. A break and hold above 72.50 would send the SPX higher to, potentially, the last swing high, or higher, while a break and hold below 64.00 would send it lower to, potentially, the June lows, or lower...worth watching to gauge either a strengthening or further weakening in equities.