Further to my posts of July 16th and July 17th, here's how the current 3 days/candle closed today on the Major Indices.
On the 4 equity indices, we need to see further strength enter on the Nasdaq 100 and the Russell 2000 in order to support any further rally on the Dow 30 and S&P 500.
On the 3 Dow indices, we need to see further strength enter on the Dow Transports in order to support any further rally on the Dow 30 and Dow Utilities.
Unless we see further upside continuation on all Major Indices, we'll likely see an ultimate failure of the recent upward sloping channel which begins at the June lows, with a potential move lower than those lows, as these markets are looking tired, laboured, and choppy.
Furthermore, the SPX will need to overcome and hold above 84.00 on this 60 min SPX/VIX raio pair if it is to resume a rally. It's been rejected at this level on the last several attempts, including today's, so far, this month.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Art Deco Xmas Lady
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Jan. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.