* See UPDATES below...
It would appear that the World Market Index is heading towards 1600 or lower, as we now have new "sell" signals on all 3 indicators on the Daily chart below.
As I mentioned in my post of June 8, 2015, the Shanghai and Nikkei Indices likely hold the key to its fate.
* UPDATE Jan. 7th: 1600, essentially, reached today...price closed at its low of the day. A drop and hold below that level would likely spark U.S. markets to accelerate this week's plunge.
We'll see what Asian markets do over the next few days...Japan's Nikkei Index is -6.65% and China's Shanghai Index is -11.7%, so far, this week, while the S&P 500 Index is -4.93%.
* UPDATE Jan. 8th: 1600 was breached today...price closed below at its low of the day.
The following 5-day comparison chart shows the Dow 30 as the black line at 0.0% (the baseline)...we can see from this that the SPX outperformed the Dow this week. while the NDX underperformed, and the RUT performed the worst. Even if Small-caps continue their weakness next week, we'll need to see weakness ramp up in Large-caps and continue in Technology, if markets are truly in trouble at this point. Otherwise, we may see a dead-cat bounce for awhile, until the plug is pulled in China, once and for all.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. July 3 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early for Independence Day holiday
* Tues. July 4 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Independence Day holiday
* Wed. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. July 12 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. July 25 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference