I've drawn a Fibonacci retracement on the Daily chart below of the SPX:VIX ratio pair and have identified a potential Inverse Head & Shoulders pattern.
The first external Fib level of 127.2% at a price level of 92.30ish happens to lie at a confluence/apex of trendline resistance...just above current price.
If the SPX is to move higher, it will have to capture this level and remain above...in this regard, it will be important that the neckline hold at 82.50ish.
However, as can be seen from the Quarterly chart below, that won't be an easy task, as efforts to move much higher since 2004 have been met with profit-taking and choppiness.
Unless some kind of major liquidity injection is forthcoming into the markets soon (e.g. cash on the sidelines), I expect more of the same (profit-taking and choppiness) at current levels on the SPX. However, that will depend on market participant confidence, which seems to have eroded.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference